Earth month is celebrated every April and leads into Earth Day on April 22. Small, individual actions add up quickly and help us build up to a better tomorrow. While Earth Day is the planet’s largest civic event, Earth Month allows everyone to do their part throughout the month of April. This movement has led to landmark environmental laws, including, clean air, clean water, and endangered species acts.
Read on to learn 5 ways you can play your part in Earth Month:
- Get outside and gather your friends and family (socially distanced of course) by enjoying yoga or a stretching session. Better yet, plan around sunrise or sunset for something extra relaxing.
- Partake in a hike/clean-up combo. Whether in a group or solo, up a mountain, or around the neighborhood – get your exercise in while keeping the local areas clean and litter-free
- Plant a tree or two, and go one step further and name it after a loved one
- Hold an e-waste drive for old electrical devices or equipment you have sitting around, and make sure they get recycled productively and not just thrown into a landfill
- Get your home in order by getting started on spring cleaning and using environmentally friendly cleaning products. Donate unwanted items to those in need
Produce Alliance is Incite’s preferred fresh produce provider, and for good reason! This family-owned company intentionally seeks out suppliers with an eye on sustainable growing practices. In addition to enhancing their organic and fair-trade product lines, Produce Alliance is also staying on top of innovations that can drive greener modes of delivery! During Earth Month, learn more about Produce Alliance at producealliance.com
Recipe Quick Bite
Say hello to spring with this simple, no-bake, 3 ingredient recipe. It is the perfect creamy fluffy mousse that you can eat and serve for any occasion
Fresh Strawberry Mousse for 4:
- 12.5 ounces strawberries (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole or whipping cream (cold)
- Extra strawberries for topping
Clean and slice the strawberries, In a blender or food processor add the sliced strawberries and the sugar and puree. Remove 1/2 a cup of puree and set aside. In a cold bowl add the cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Then fold in the remaining puree (not the 1/2 cup) gently. Divide the 1/2 cup of puree between the 4 small/medium** glasses and top with the strawberry mousse. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or even overnight if desired. Top with fresh sliced strawberries and serve. Enjoy. ** for size purposes, the glasses we used hold 1 cup of water.
Team Member Highlite
This month we’re getting to know Jen Bruning, Director of Nutrition & Brand Innovation at Incite.
Here are 3 things you didn’t know about Jen:
- Jen started out thinking she’d be a Forest Ranger and holds a degree in Natural Resources Management. She later decided to become a Dietitian instead!
- Travel is an integral part of who she is: “There’s no substitute for the growth you experience through traveling” Jen says.
- Once while on safari in Namibia, Jen was confronted by a very assertive zebra!